Club History

A group of young enthusiasts from different professions got together to form the Navi Mumbai Sports Association, under the dynamic leadership of Late Barrister Sheshrao K Wankhede, the soul behind the Wankhede Stadium Mumbai. The aim of this association was to promote and develop sports, cultural and social activities to provide health fitness and sports education and groom talent for national and international events.

In 1981, the association was registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 NO. MAH/815/THANE and the Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 NO. F/737/THANE.

The association has a prestigious location, in Vashi Township amidst the Sahyadris and the Thane creek and is surrounded by a green belt. The Majestic Clubhouse has indoor facilities for sports, health fitness, entertainment, and recreation with a large parking space dotted by a scenic garden. In addition it has a swimming pool & open playground of 45000 sq.m for outdoor games. District, State and National Sports events are held in the Complex.

During the Silver Jubilee Year, the Association has developed state of the art auditorium, conference Hall for the benefit of members.

A Tennis Court complex comprising six courts of international standards has been developed on a plot of land of 7500 sq.m.